Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Domains, Same Products, Different Customers

rowanparker

Total Posts:  3

Hi all,

I know it’s possible to run multiple stores using Magento. I’d like to share the same products between them all - so I update one, and all sites are updated. However I want individual users to be forced to sign up for individual accounts for each site because:

1. I want to have different pricing on the sites
2. I dont want the websites to appear to be operated by the same people
3. One website will have wholesale pricing and I want to pre-approved customers before letting them see pricing and ordering.

Can this be done?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hmpierson

Total Posts:  101

I think you want/need to have different websites (i.e. multi website installation), not just different stores.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SunnyNET

Total Posts:  8

hmpierson - 18 December 2008 11:05 AM

I think you want/need to have different websites (i.e. multi website installation), not just different stores.

I am interested to find out this too.

Will these different websites/stores will share the same product, inventory, and all its attributes and structure of the 1st website/store? Does anybody did this before?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community