Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

catalogsearch in the navigation bar

Nesto

Total Posts:  5

I have been trying to move the catalog search from the header into the navigation bar. this is taking me weeks. Any help ? thank you so much.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi,

Did you look at Designer’s guide?
Or a search on Google?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nesto

Sel,
thank you for the feedback. I have looked at both document and actually I have removed <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('topSearch') ?> from app/design/frontend/default/my_theme/template/page/html/header.phtml and then, replaced the reference name “header” in app/design/frontend/default/my_theme/layout/catalogsearch.xml with “top.menu” This moved the catalogsearch in the far right inside the header-nav-container (so then name I got using “view CSS style information” in Firefox). What is the reference name of the navigation bar where the product categories are displayed ? or am I missing something ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nesto

actually, the search is moved into the header-top-container and not in header-nav-container like i have mentioned earlier. In all cases, this does not solve my problem. I am totally confused.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community