Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problems Adding and Editing Products

mcgwest

Total Posts:  7

Just got Magento up and running on my Windows XP machine and I’m having problems adding and editing products. Here are the two errors I’m seeing:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect integer value: ‘’ for column ‘entity_id’ at row 1

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect integer value: ‘’ for column ‘use_config_min_qty’ at row 1

Here’s my setup:

WIndows XP Service Pack 2
Apache 2.2.6 (running as apache module)
MySQL 5.0.45
PHP 5.2.5
Magento 0.7.14800

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mcgwest

Total Posts:  7

It never fails. Every time I post a question to a forum I end up stumbling upon the solution. Here’s a link to a bug report on mysql.com that explains what’s going on:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=18551

You need to set sql_mode to “” (empty string) in your MySQL ini file. The Magento code should probably be fixed to ensure that no integer columns are being set to “” (empty string), which in MySQL 4 would be converted to a 0 but in MySQL 5 is throwing the error reported above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Thanks for your comment we are looking into this issue.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community