Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Analytics Stopped Tracking Success Page

pureliving

Total Posts:  3

I’ve noticed that our analytics conversion tracking seems to have stopped working. After some further research, it seems that our success page has stopped receiving hits on google analytics.  All other pages are still receiving hits and tracking properly, except for the final page used in the checkout process allowing us to track ecommerce conversions.  I’ve done a sample test transaction and the code seems to be installed on the page correctly (it is identical to the code installed on multiple other pages which track on analytics properly. 

Recently we have integrated a second ecommerce website managed by the same magento login—which we believe to be the cause of the problem.  However, we’ve come to a dead end in regards to how to get analytics to begin tracking conversions again.  I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or if there is any idea to what has changed(or what I messed up) in integrating the second site into magento. 

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

redzzzzz

Total Posts:  5

Hello, I have run into the same problem.

It seems like some conversions get tracked and some don not after my upgrade to Magento 1.6.0.

Where you able to find a cause and sollution ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sozanski

Total Posts:  24

Same problem for me. Any update on this? Is this fixed in the latest version?

Magento Community
Magento Community

pureliving

I got it fixed eventually, just ended up replacing the backend files with the ones from the newest version of magento.  I don’t remember exactly which ones i changed, but I know it included checkout.xml, Ga.php, Observer.php, and anything in the mage/app/googleanalytics folder.  I don’t think I changed any of the checkout pages but I could be wrong.  One of the problems seemed to be that it was putting the code in the body of the success page instead of the head.  I would recommend either upgrading your magento to the most recent version (the one that just came out, previous ones didn’t help me) or atleast swapping out the google analytics related files.  As far as I know it is a conflict between one page checkout and a specific version of magento, so it could be the one page checkout that you have to update

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooly

Just check and place the code on your home > CMS page

It will works for you

Magento Go allows you to setup your web store with Google Analytics to gain insight and learn more about your store’s web traffic as well as the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.

For more information look at the knowledge base area of magento

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/setting-google-analytics

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community