Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

problems importing products with special pricing on specific websites

ShaneB

Total Posts:  6
Madison, Wisconsin

Greetings…

I’m having a problem importing special pricing values correctly into Magento.  Here is the setup.

Within Magento, we have defined two websites and one store and store view in each website, one store is for the public and the other is for our employees only.  When I import a product that is to appear in both stores, I have it listed in the import CSV file twice (using SKU as the unique identifier) with all values duplicated except for:
- store
- special price

What I want:
The employee store should see the normal price and then see their special price.  The public store should not have a special price.  We are trying to implement this by leaving the “special price” value blank in the public website/store CSV record and entering a value in the employee website/store record.

What actually happens:
The results after the import are that the “default store view” value of “special price” is being set to the employee special pricing even though we want it to be blank.  The public store view within Magento after the import results in the use of the checkbox to use the “default store view” value, which we don’t want.  We want the pubic store value of “special price” to be blank, meaning the public doesn’t get one.

I know the values of “website” in the datafile are set correctly.  The value of the “store” column are all set to “admin”, taking the Export Products profile as an example.  Should the “store” value be something different, something particular to the store represented by the record?

Also… can someone explain the logic of how the “default store view” values are populated?  Should we include a third record in the import file to represent what we want the “default store view” values to be?  Does the order of the records in the import file determine what values are stored where during the import?

Just looking for clarification on how things are done so I can understand.

Shane.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShaneB

Total Posts:  6
Madison, Wisconsin

I believe, after some more investigation, that the import process is probably working fine.  The problem is likely my misunderstanding of characteristics of a product are configurable at the different hierarchical levels of Magento.

After I import my sample product, as outlined above, I reviewed it in the admin section of Magento to see what was created.  I see that the price and special_price of the product have the word [WEBSITE] next to it.  Perhaps what I am trying to do (as described above, or at least attempted to) is not how Magento works.

Can someone verify this for me?  Can someone describe the configuration level of the price and special_price?

What I want is the default store view to have a blank special_price for the product, but allow one of my two stores to have a special price while the other uses the default value of blank.

Thanx for helping me understand.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community