Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category Flat Data and Category Products not reindexing! 

primodvdprices

Total Posts:  10

I have version 1.6.0.0 and I’m trying to reindex but they are stuck in processing. I know it has something to do with my database and I’m getting this error and I don’t know how to fix it. Can someone help me?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`cheap3x_mgto1/#sql-5d93_1adce9`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CAT_PRD_FLAT_1_ENTT_ID_CAT_PRD_ENTT_ENTT_ID` FOREIGN KEY (`entity_id`) REFERENCES `catalog_product_entity` (`entity_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON U)’ in /home/cheap3x/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228 Stack trace: #0 /home/cheap3x/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /home/cheap3x/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array) #2 /home/cheap3x/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array) #3 /home/cheap3x/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #4 /home/cheap3x/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’ALTER TABLE `ca...’, Array) #5 /home/cheap3x/public_html/lib/Var in /home/cheap3x/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 228

Thanks to anybody who can help me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hedigereigh122

Total Posts:  1

Have you checked whether it’s a charset problem? For I have the same version of you but not experience such problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

primodvdprices

I tried that also. I set everything to 777 and it still didn’t reindex. I have over 10k items. I’ve tried all the solutions on the forums but still this issue won’t go away.

Magento Community
Magento Community

primodvdprices

I fixed it but now I’m getting these errors in my database. Does anybody know how to fix them?

catalog_product_entity_varchar “Catalog Product Varchar Attribute Backend Table”

The indexes IDX_CATALOG_PRODUCT_ENTITY_VARCHAR_ENTITY_ID and FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_ENTITY_VARCHAR_PRODUCT_ENTITY seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.

The indexes IDX_CATALOG_PRODUCT_ENTITY_VARCHAR_STORE_ID and FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_ENTITY_VARCHAR_STORE seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.

The indexes IDX_CATALOG_PRODUCT_ENTITY_VARCHAR_ATTRIBUTE_ID and FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_ENTITY_VARCHAR_ATTRIBUTE seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.

The indexes UNQ_CAT_PRD_ENTT_VCHR_ENTT_ID_ATTR_ID_STORE_ID and IDX_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hi You can solve this problem using asynchronus queue. Check this one Fast Asynchronous Re-indexing http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html. After each product/category save this extension move reindex task to queue and process this queue as background process in cron.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community