Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

On Checkout, get Prototype error registry is undefined

glideranderson

Total Posts:  18

Upgraded to 1.6, using default onepage checkout (I had a custom checkout in place, decided to switch to default).

I receive this Registry is undefined at payment.init(), or shipping, etc (any place initialing a class or using methods from opcheckout.js).

I am baffled on how to figure out what is in conflict with Prototype or with this opcheckout.js. I have firebug, not sure if I need to remove all other js files to see if any of these are in conflict or if the issue is with the actual code. I copied the code from

http://svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.6/skin/frontend/base/default/js/opcheckout.js

just in case the upgrade didn’t work. I checked to make sure I have Prototype 1.7.

I can go through the entire checkout process and the order is received.

This is my development site: http://glideint.com/clients/ecigarettes/

(sorry if this is the wrong forum, but this error only happened after upgrade to 1.6)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

glideranderson

I use jQuery also, which has the noconflict call after the library is initialized.

Magento Community
Magento Community

max5000

Total Posts:  1

i found out that the Event.observe() call in
/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/persistent/checkout/onpage/billing.phtml
line 202 and below.
caused the same issue in my case.

disabled it for the moment and seems to do the trick.

hope that helps you - almost drove me crazy today smile

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

glideranderson

Disabling the Event.observe would be a temporary fix, but it doesn’t seem to address the entire problem.

I am also having problems if I have items in my cart, click register, go through the process of registering, which afterwords will direct me to the checkout page (billing tab open). I hit continue to save billing, however get a dialog box says “Date of Birth not valid date”. I put in 05/25/1955 on the register page.

I have attached a screenshot of the error. I go to my account page (since magento logged me in upon registering), account information and try to input my date of birth but it never saves (with 05/25/1955) if I input 05/15/1986 it saves the date (after the 4th try).

On another server, magento (upon registering and navigating to my account information) rewrote the date of birth entered (05.25.1955) to 11/30/-0001 (which off course is invalid)

Image Attachments
screenshot-date-of-birth-invalid.jpgscreenshot-date-of-birth-rewritten.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community