Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

3 website, 2k products, 6k unique visitors and 25k customers, possible..? 

colin008

Total Posts:  84

Reading forum posts about the speed of Magento leads me to my question, is it possible to run Magento with 3 websites, 6k unique visitors a day, 2k products with 10 attributes, 20 categories and 25k customers..?

I will be using low end dedicated server.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DGLScripts

Total Posts:  24
Australia

The amount of customers, products and visitors etc would depend more on your server specs than Magento.

By Low-End server, I presume you mean a small server with low specs?
If you have that much statistics and values, then my suggestion would be to upgrade to a Dual or Quad Core server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

colin008

Yes i know what you mean, Magento could cope but can my server manage with the extra CPU usage that Magento needs over other scripts..!

I’m using a 2.4G Dual Core with 1MB memory, will this be enough?

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Yes, hardware wise, that’s plenty. That’s similar to what I run but with many more websites though fewer visitors.

Whilst your hardware is fine, there are other issues to think of. You need to tweak the Operating System for instance to put certain Magento files in RAM. You also need to tweak the application layer, for example with PHP caching, MySQL query caching etc. And then of course your hot needs decent capacity pipes to push the data through, ideally close to key nodes in the web’s infrastructure and near your audience. You can further

With those things right, your Magento shop will fly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

colin008

Thats great news J.T. it sounds like you have your sites set up well and running at speed. I look forward to learn more about specific ways to set the server to Magento preferred way.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community