Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal “Transaction id is invalid”

Sundev

Total Posts:  3

This is just for anyone who runs into this error, 10609, if I remember correctly. Magento sends an invalid transaction id to paypal, so orders can’t be completed. After searching through all the files as to why this might happen, I realized that magento was trying setting the authorization_id as the parent transaction id. But, you need the actual order transaction id sent as the authorization_id. So, I edited the following file:

/app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Pro.php

The last method in this file, named “_getParentTransactionId()” was being used to get the transaction id. But, I didn’t need the parent transaction id, I needed the actual transaction id, so I commented out the line:

$payment->getParentTransactionId();

and added these two lines:

$api $this->getApi();
$api->getTransactionId();

So that the actual transaction id of the order was returned. Now all is working well. I’m not sure why I couldn’t find any evidence of this in the forums or google, but hopefully this helps someone.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NJCMedia

Total Posts:  21

Life Saver.  I just launched a production system and orders started flowing in and I got this message.  I applied this update on so far everything seems fine!

THANK YOU!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Klimek

Total Posts:  83
Essen

On which version, do you had this error?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community