Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

making configurable products work differently

docstevie

Total Posts:  6

hi,

1. for a shop-project, i need to make the configurable products work slightly different: the total price of the selected configuration should be taken from the selected product, it should not calculated as the sum of options, like it is now.

2. in addition, i want to display a special image (and text) depending on the selected configuration. (like: display a yellow t-shirt only if the color is set to yellow)

has this ever been done before? can you give me hint? what would be the best way to do this? programming a new product type?

thanks for any help, stevie.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I believe there is a module that does this. It has been hinted this may make it into core in later releases. I do not know for sure though about the last thing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

docstevie

Total Posts:  6

thanks, i found the extension you were talking about: it’s the simpleconfigurableproduct by organic internet. unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work together with custom options.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community