Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of ‘./nilandsp_stores/#sql-7c2e_496ba2’ to ‘./nilandsp_stores/catalog_category_product’ (errno: 1

Nilands55

Total Posts:  169
Laurinburg NC

Since updating to magento 1.6.0.0 I and getting this error

SQLSTATE[HY000]General error1025 Error on rename of './nilandsp_stores/#sql-7c2e_496ba2' to './nilandsp_stores/catalog_category_product' (errno150)
I belive it is failing during an SQL update script, by I don’t know how to fix it? In the mean time my store is down

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre N

Total Posts:  186
CA

Same problem here… any solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre N

CA

I have been getting several of these errors since I updated from 1.5.0.1 to 1.6.0.1 rc-1

I was able to ‘solve’ this (for now) by deleting the update file that is throwing the exception.
My report was looking like this:

a:5:{i:0;s:243:"Error in file: "/home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/app/code/core/Mage/SalesRule/sql/salesrule_setup/upgrade-1.6.0.0-1.6.0.1.php" - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'leancoupon_aggregated_updated' already exists";i:1;s:1074:"#0 /home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '1.6.0.0', '1.6.0.1')
#2 /home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('1.6.0.0', '1.6.0.1')
#3 /home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(412): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(338): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home/xtremele/public_html/consulting/index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:119:"/consulting/spanish/catalogsearch/result/index/?___from_store=spanish&cat;=4&dir;=desc&mode;=listℴ=price&q;=free+video";s:11:"script_name";s:21:"/consulting/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

So I delete “app/code/core/Mage/SalesRule/sql/salesrule_setup/upgrade-1.6.0.0-1.6.0.1.php” and the site works again.

HOWEVER when I go in system admin to clear the cache it gets stuck clearing the cache, freezes for a while (it’s trying to apply updates) and it throws a new exception with another setup script…
Why is it trying to run my setup files again? In core_resource table the versions are correct. In admin it shows the version correct. Why does my site work fine until I refresh the cache, then try to apply updates that have already been applied, freeze my site and then throw an exception and crash the entire site (frontend too) until I remove the setup file that is causing the error and manually delete the cache??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

@andre_nickatina:: you should never delete any core files, they are there for a reason. The error you showed could be due to a lack of resources on your server. You will also need to increase your timeout’s in Apache and your max execution for PHP. You should run the upgrade process straight through without error or stopping.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre N

CA

Thanks for the reply!
Deleting these files was the only way for the site to work. Every single report said that x table already existed, or unable to drop table x because it doesn’t exist, or unable to rename table x because it doesn’t exist etc. leading me to believe the updates had already been performed (they were)
Refreshing didn’t make it go away; the upgrade can’t be performed again.
I’m pretty confident in the server resources, I use aspiration hosting and they are pretty awesome.
I did the update through ssh and no errors were reported. Nothing was wrong until I tried clearing the caches as I recall.
I had to delete about 20 of these various setup files, actually I just renamed them with a ‘_’ at the end, and mysite works fine now. I can clear the caches, reindex, error logs have been clean for hours. I know when I upgrade again all those files will be recreated anyways, so we’ll see what happens then.
I don’t advocate changing the core files either but the update files are only meant to be run once and after that they are useless, and if you update and need to get your site working this is an option.
Fingers crossed smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

andre_nickatina:: You didn’t change core files, you deleted core files

If you restart your upgrade by first dropping and restoring your database it should go through all the way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sanuspg

Total Posts:  1

A bit old topic, but I got here when a similar error occured during 1.5.1.0 to 1.7.0.2 upgrade. If anyone else comes here looking for a solution, this is what helped me: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5948704/help-with-error-1025-hy000-error-on-rename-of-errno-150

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community