Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Best on-page SEO on Magento

JamesBelushi

Total Posts:  0

SEO+ extension for Magento store is very effective to make our store search engine friendly. I have also added this plug in recently in my Magento store and results are very good. I think if we are not visible in search engine then all things are in vain for our eCommerce store.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

larryhardy

Total Posts:  1

Magento is a SEO friendly platform. You can fully optimize your magento website

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

"some advanced features are available with addons “ - this is not correct

We saw a site with no extensions listing first page next to eBay and Amazon with many products, 2mths old as well. You can do everything out of the box, the problem with SEO is generally hosting, Google bypasses your site if it is too slow, we also are coming to the conclusion that Google knows if it is a shared server (although this last one we have no concrete evidence). Some product url keyword prefixing, fast servers (less than 2-3s page loads for cached and non-cached), good descriptions including meta, no category prefixing. You should be good. Unforunately 95% fall down on the hosting so they try and find workarounds, Google are on to these with the new updates so basically you will have no luck.

We just saw one of the Magento partners who build extensions looking for help to increase their SEO for their products. The Google updates are affecting 80%+ of sites, well except people we know who use the methods above, it does not seem to affect them too much (perhaps 20%), but then they have stupidly fast hosting on non-shared servers (cloud based). Fun fun.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxcom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Washington DC Metro Area, US

serpyre - 14 June 2013 09:10 AM

“some advanced features are available with addons “ - this is not correct

We saw a site with no extensions listing first page next to eBay and Amazon with many products, 2mths old as well. You can do everything out of the box, the problem with SEO is generally hosting, Google bypasses your site if it is too slow, we also are coming to the conclusion that Google knows if it is a shared server (although this last one we have no concrete evidence). Some product url keyword prefixing, fast servers (less than 2-3s page loads for cached and non-cached), good descriptions including meta, no category prefixing. You should be good. Unforunately 95% fall down on the hosting so they try and find workarounds, Google are on to these with the new updates so basically you will have no luck.

We just saw one of the Magento partners who build extensions looking for help to increase their SEO for their products. The Google updates are affecting 80%+ of sites, well except people we know who use the methods above, it does not seem to affect them too much (perhaps 20%), but then they have stupidly fast hosting on non-shared servers (cloud based). Fun fun.

Hosting is a very important part of SEO. However, even with the super fast hosting default Magento CE is not fully seo-friendly platform. You can manually optimize everything if you have a small product base. However, if you have a large catalogue, the manual optimization will take months smile It’s necessary to use one of the seo extensions to take care about this.
One of these solutions we offer is the SEO Suite Ultimate. We built it with all our passion. We are regularly updating it with new features.

Let me know what you think.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles_MS

Total Posts:  87

magestore - 31 July 2012 11:23 PM

You could check our SEO PLUS out for the best function here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/seo-plus-extension-8060.html
This extension allows you to enhances Magento sites in search engine by various optimization methods: product tag, search and layered navigation.
- Generate URL, title, keywords, description for tag’s product list, search result and filter pages
- Allow using URL Rewrite and Cache Rewrite
- Use canonical link to link filter page to main page

Absolutely agree with this extension. I try many other SEO plugins and I feel Magento SEO extension is the best now in the market. Besides, you will get the useful articles at their Blog. It really support me on the way building the standardize online store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pintaurodanny

Total Posts:  10

I try many other SEO plugins and I feel SEO FOR MAGENTO is the best now in the market

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Here is a useful post on Advance Magento SEO.

Magento Community
Magento Community

POLLARD81

Total Posts:  3

Previous post looks like just a SPAM :( .....

Magento Community
Magento Community

POLLARD81

Total Posts:  3

Yes, exactly!

Magento Community
Magento Community

pakinsky

Chula Vista, CA 91911

Good topic, it’s good to now all the SEO benefits with Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

osgbistanbul

I have the same problem on osgb istanbul

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2