Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
How do i show Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price? 

Grafiksmeden

Total Posts:  3

I want to show “Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price” just below the price when you are on a product page.

I use “default” template from the Magento 1.6 installation.

Can anyone help with a trick to show it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tom Robertshaw

Total Posts:  485
Bath, UK

Hi there.  You could add an attribute called “rrp” and put in the prices section of products (make sure it’s also set to be displaying on product detail page).

Then in your theme you’d just need to use the line:

<?php echo $_product->getRrp(); ?>

and that should give you the value that you’ve put in the backend.

Hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grafiksmeden

Super thanks Tom

Which file should I look for to put the piece of code in?
(This is my first Magento shop)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tom Robertshaw

Bath, UK

I’d probably suggest:

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml.

In there there’s a $this->getChildHtml() function that gets the price, so you could put it just below that.

Remember to copy that file into your theme directory if you haven’t already.

Good luck on your first magento store smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grafiksmeden

It took 5 minutes and I’ve been looking for solutions for hours - and I only had to ask here: o)

- It works, thanks for your help Tom!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alderveld

Total Posts:  7

Small suggestion:

In Magento 1.6 “Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price” is an already existing system attribute which can be found under the prices section when editing a product. So you don’t need to create a new attribute.

With <?php echo $_product->getMsrp(); ?> you can display the MSRP.

I’ve placed it in /app/design/frontend/YOURFOLDER/YOURFOLDER/template/catalog/product/view/type/simple.phtml so i could place it between the availability and the actual price.

Props to Tom though

Magento Community
Magento Community

escargo

Total Posts:  2
Gold Coast Australia

I would like to do this on my store that i am currently building but being only new to magento i don’t really understand how to make it show up
i have written a price in the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price box, now i just need to understand where in the backend i need to go to enable it to show up, I’m using version 1.6.0.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscortega

Total Posts:  67

I am using Magento version 1.5.1.0.  I cannot get the MSRP to be displayed on my frontend.  I\\\’ve created the custom attribute msrp in the backend under pricing.  And have even populated it with a price.  I\\\’ve also added the <?php echo $_product->getmsrp(); ?> code in the \\\"app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml\\\" file.  Can you tell me what I\\\’ve missed or done wrong?  Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tom Robertshaw

Bath, UK

Hi, are you sure that that template is being used on the frontend.  If you have the same file in your theme directory, then that will be given priority.  You can turn on template hints to double check (http://www.e-commercewebdesign.co.uk/blog/magento-tips/enable-template-path-hints-in-magento-admin.php).

Other than that, check that the MSRP attribute is marked as viewable on the product page in the admin interface for attributes and then this should work.

<?php echo $_product->getMsrp() ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscortega

Under catalog/attributes/manage attributes...The Attribute is set visible.  I’ve included the code as mentioned earlier but msrp does not display in the front end.
I’ve attached my view.phtml file

File Attachments
view.phtml  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 290)

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscortega

Ok...It’s visible on the front end.  However, there is no dollar sign “$” and there are too many digits."569.9900".  Also, how can I make it bold print?

I appreciate your help.  I feel like I’m finally making progress.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

oscortega - 24 January 2012 12:38 PM

I am using Magento version 1.5.1.0.  I cannot get the MSRP to be displayed on my frontend.  I\\\’ve created the custom attribute msrp in the backend under pricing.  And have even populated it with a price.  I\\\’ve also added the <?php echo $_product->getmsrp(); ?> code in the \\\"app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml\\\" file.  Can you tell me what I\\\’ve missed or done wrong?  Thanks

Hi,

The Minimum Advertised Price Magento extension can help you here. This extension adds a special “Check Price” button instead of the usual product price. If the price in your store is less than the minimum stipulated price for this product, either no price is displayed or the list price or market price is displayed with a strikethrough just to stress that your price is lower. When a prospective customer clicks the Check Price button, the product is added to the shopping cart, and only then does the actual price you are selling the product at become visible.

Learn more at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/minimum-advertised-price.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscortega

Can someone help me get the Retail Price to display correctly on the frontend of my site?  Thanks.
http://www.3rdrockhobbies.com/index.php/parts-accessories/venom-triple-clamp-set-vmx-450-dirtbike.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tom Robertshaw

Bath, UK

Site seems to be down, but try:

<?php echo Mage::helper('core')->currency($_product->getMsrp(),true,false); ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

oscortega

It’s working now.  Thank you for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fulcan

Total Posts:  16

Just started using Magento and it is very strange that simple function like showing the RRP price and then being able to show the percentage difference to the price I want to charge is not just a simple function in magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2