Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

multi-store implementation question

cromulent

Total Posts:  2

Based on knowledge base entry http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/overview-how-multiple-websites-stores-work I am unsure if what I am looking to accomplish is possible.

By creating separate stores, are you able to set specific pricing and inventory per store? It seems to me that the multi-store implementation just handles the translation of content. For example, if I create two stores beneath one website and go to edit a product. Changes to things such as price/inventory appear to be global changes. The only store specific attributes that appear to be unique are the description.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hearsay

Total Posts:  72

Yes, I’m starting to see the same thing with my install. I really think the Magento team needs to go further in explaining the terminology and possibilities. What is a store? From the documentation, it appears that each store would be allowed to have its own inventory but have a unified shopping cart across the website. Is this not the case? I have tried asking this in the Chat, but I believe I am frustrating people in there. Could I get a reply on here from someone on the Magento team?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redwagon

Total Posts:  17
MN, USA

I have a multi-domain, multi-store working. Yes you can change the pricing per store under one product. Go under Configuration - Catalog - Price - change Catalog Price Scope to Website.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hearsay

Total Posts:  72

Doesn’t this just allow you to change it per-website rather than per-store?

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

@cromulent - Prices can be setup per website or global by a configuration value. Stock/quantity is a global attribute and therefore can be set only globally.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community