Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

wrong search results returned on quick search. help please? 

SteveBerrill

Total Posts:  36
Preston

hello everyone

I have reached an unusual point with my magneto store. it appears that when customers search for a specific item on quick search, the wrong results appear that have nothing to do with what they have in putted, I have tried re-indexing all in index management, I have cleared the cache, I have even deleted all my search terms that have been saved over time and this doesn’t make a difference.

I am running 1.6.0.0 but I was also experiencing the same issue in 1.5.0.0 and I havent copied any app files from previous versions, the only thing I copy over when I update is the skin & media folders.

Please can anyone help me with this problem? or has anybody experienced the same issue?

regards

Steve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Vampal

Total Posts:  37

yes, the search problem exists

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

In 1.5 the Like search logic got changed to OR which, TaDa! produces more results as it produces a match for everything that has Term A or Term B or Term C ad infinitum…

Change back to AND and it should work a bit better.

Instructions Here...

Flush cache and rebuild fulltext search index after making the change.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexhost

Total Posts:  69
Kiev, Ukraine

May be this Magento extension will helpful for resolve problem with search result in Magento 1.6

http://extensions.magefast.com/fix-bug-with-quick-search.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community