Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin > edit products throws error. :(

jhgraphicsuk

Total Posts:  9

We had issues, so we had to restore.

Its all been restored and working escept to the products,

they are showing up but when you click edit -

Source model "catalog/product_attribute_source_countryofmanufacture" not found for attribute "country_of_manufacture".

Trace:
#0 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Form.php(201): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute_Abstract->getSource()
#1 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tab/Attributes.php(65): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Form->_setFieldset(Array, Object(Varien_Data_Form_Element_Fieldset), Array)
#2 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Form.php(144): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tab_Attributes->_prepareForm()
#3 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/var/ait_rewrite/6bfe16ca572eea47db567910902c6209.php(759): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Form->_beforeToHtml()
#4 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tabs.php(78): Aitoc_Aitsys_Model_Rewriter_Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#5 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/var/ait_rewrite/6bfe16ca572eea47db567910902c6209.php(225): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tabs->_prepareLayout()
#6 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(430): Aitoc_Aitsys_Model_Rewriter_Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Aitoc_Aitsys_Model_Core_Layout))
#7 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(446): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock('adminhtml/catal...', 'product_tabs')
#8 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(238): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock('adminhtml/catal...', 'product_tabs')
#9 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(204): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#10 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(209): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#11 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(345): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#12 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(270): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#13 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(263): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(Array, true, true)
#14 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(246): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->loadLayout(Array)
#15 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(420): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->editAction()
#16 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('edit')
#17 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#18 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(340): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#19 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/app/Mage.php(627): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#20 /home/ukcanvas/public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')

They are not showing frontend but only backend and once clicked throws the above error in admin.

please any help would be amazing??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rayqin

Total Posts:  3

i had the same problem like you, anybody help me?
many thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yacompra

Total Posts:  1

I have exactly the same problem...any suggestion?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gotalk

Total Posts:  3

I\’m experiencing the same issue.  I came up afetr moving my Magent 1.5.0.1 install to a new VPS.  thew only difference in my server config is that I\’m now using eAccelerator for php caching.  I\’ve gone through file permissions and everything looks correct.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Its basically saying you are missing a php file under app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Model\Product\Attribute\Source for the country of manufacture. How you got to this situation probably only you can answer, maybe you have a later db install to filesystem (country of manufacture isn’t in earlier releases).

One way to resolve is to remove from attribute set if you can. Otherwise go into the database into the eav_attributes table and take out the source model. This is obviously a brutal approach so use with caution. I suspect you will get other issues aswell if you get this one though.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

You could also try download this file :
https://github.com/speedupmate/Magento-CE-Mirror/blob/master/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Attribute/Source/Countryofmanufacture.php

and placing it in app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Attribute/Source/

Though as said, this could well be one of many issues related to having the files/DB not of the same Magento version

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community