Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Install hanging on InstallingDB

jonathanmabey

Total Posts:  3

I am trying to update magento keeping my old database files. I have copied and created a new database for the new version of magento. I can initiate the installation and proceed to the point I enter in my database information.

After I enter in this information it loads, but eventually stalls out and hangs on a blank page with no error codes or information. I have tried multiple installations, and nothing has worked yet. Eventually after trying everything, I installed to a new empty database and installation went fine.

Perhaps I am not waiting long enough on the blank screen? Or is it a problem with the database itself being too large?

Please help! I have been working on this for hours and still not able to get the update installed and had to switch back to my 1.5.1 site.

Thank you in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jonathanmabey

Total Posts:  3

not sure it it matters but I am on siteground hosting using mysql

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community