Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Batch Processing Related Items

NE Computer

Total Posts:  6

I have many different brands of equipment that my company sells. The different manufacturers sell the same product and use the same sku but append the end of the product sku with a “;” so if the sku is 188R995 one manufacturer has it like this 188R995;XER and another has it 188R995;CPT.

Is there a way in which I can batch process these related product for each of the products in my inventory. I would imagine this could be done using the profiles and doing an import. Can anyone help with this? Any information would be well appreciated.

If I have to do it using the profiles that is fine, but I would soon or later like to go one step further have have the system auto recognize that part of the sku is the same (all the characters to the left of the “;") and auto relate the products.

Again any help would be well appreciated!  smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community