Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I edit Users and Roles in the Backend

hulabula

Total Posts:  16

I’m well aware that I’ll be laughed at for this and slap my forehead when it’s pointed out to me, but…

How do I edit the users and roles in the backend?  Under “System -> Permissions -> Users/Roles”.

I can see the users and roles all listed (on their respected pages) but for the life of me I can not find a button or link to edit them once they’ve been created.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hulabula

@GoldDigger:

Obviously that’s not working.  I realize that I’m probably missing something simple, but would appreciate the assumption that I’m not that dumb.

More details: I see the list of items I want to edit, when I rollover them the row highlights but the pointer just turns to a cursor and there is no reaction to any clicks I make to the items.

Help, not asinine responses would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hulabula

My sincere apologies.  Suffixes of “?!?!” come off as a bit snarky to me and I need to learn to ignore post inflections.  My bad.

Anyway, no dice.  I’ve tried it on the following browsers and systems:

Apple: Safari 3, Firefox 3, Opera 9.
Windows Vista: Sarfai, Firefox, IE 7 and Chrome.

My question, can we even edit Permissions->Users and Permissions->Roles?

Every other page I see has hyperlinks and edit columns with edit links in them.

I just want to know if my install messed up somewhere of if I’ve got a bad configuration where my admin account is locked out of the Permissions.

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

hulabula

I’m finding out what’s wrong…

There’s a problem with the javascript, it’s not linking the row.  I’ll post a fix once I’ve found it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community