Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I make links in a horizontal line? 

brydave

Total Posts:  10

This is my first attempt at making a theme for Magento and I have been searching around the forums and wiki for a way to change the top.links from a vertical list to a horizontal list like so:

My Account
My Wishlist
My Cart
etc…

to

My Account My Wishlist My Cart etc..

Maybe I’m just overlooking it, but I can’t seem to find the answer or a related answer for version 1.1.8.  If anyone could at least point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
--Bry

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

infernalshade

Total Posts:  37

you have to delete the “float:left;” attribute from the navigation-bar!

Magento Community
Magento Community

brydave

Thanks for the reply infernalshade,

Maybe I’m missing something though as I’m fairly new to all of this… I have tried taking out all of the float left and float right attributes, but the links are still aligned vertically.  I’m using the blank theme (Sorry, I should have mentioned that before!) and I’m not sure if I can do this just using css, or if I have to go into the top.links.phtml or links.phtml?  I really appreciate your help.

thanks again!

Magento Community
Magento Community

infernalshade

Total Posts:  37

ah, sorry man :D
i thought you would like to built a vertical menu!

well, then you have to ADD a “float:left” to the <li> inside the <ul>. Then you have to add a “width” attribute to the <ul>, so the menu items can placed horizontaly!

Magento Community
Magento Community

brydave

Sounds good! I’ll give that a try,

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community