Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Would Dataflow work with this product feed? 

Danashton

Total Posts:  50

Hi

The supplier to my Magento store has a product feed which outputs the products in XML. You can see it here: http://www.devilwear.co.uk/store/dropship_export.php.

Is this the kind of thing that Dataflow is for? Is there an easy way (or even a difficult one!) to get this to feed into my store, which is sentientclothing.co.uk?

Any help or advice gratefully received, as the manual updating of products is causing big headaches and loss of custom.

Many thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Danashton

Hi

Does anyone know the answer to this? I’m assuming it’s a yes or no answer (although ideally it would be a “Yes, and this is how to do it ..... “answer!).

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danashton

Thanks for responding fifthave, much appreciated.

Basically what you are saying is that it is possible, but I need to find someone who know’s what they are doing to adapt it to get it to work?

All I need to do is find someone now!

Thanks again.

Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danashton

Hi

Thanks again for that. I wasn’t even aware of the web service feature. I’ve had a look around the site, at the knowledge base, Wiki etc, and can’t find anything on it.

Is their a guide to using it anywhere? I’m not wanting to be spoon fed, and I’m happy to try and work it out myself, so anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community