Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect upgrade issue on Windows

Gael_1

Total Posts:  7

Hello,
I’m trying to upgrade my developpment environment locally on my windows XP with Magento Connect. Everything goes well, no error but finally it is not upgraded. The files have been downloaded and extracted in folder downloader\pearlib\download but nothing was copied to there final location. In the production environment (on Linux) I didn’t have any problem with the previous upgrade, What do I have to do to have a automatic upgrade on Windows ?

Seconde question: can we delete the content of the folder downloader\pearlib\download when upgrade is complete ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Yes, you can delete the content of downloader/pearlib/cache/ and downloader/pearlib/download/ after the upgrade is complete. It is only used as temporary storage for the downloaded files during the upgrade.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community