Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin WSOD after image upload failure

marikas

Total Posts:  29

Hi all,

I have been struck by the terrifying white screen of death. Mystery surrounds the sudden appearance of said WSOD, and I am still trying to establish the facts of the case, but we know for sure that it began immediately after a failed image upload.

It all began when my HDD crashed and I had to get a new one and re-install everything blah blah… long story short, I had no image upload buttons in Magento admin. Installing Flash was the obvious solution and I couldn’t resist dancing a jig when the buttons appeared post flash-install.

However, my joy was shortlived as the images wouldn’t upload with a failure message along the lines of “HTTP ERROR” in one of those fancy little error boxes that look good on CSS tutorial blogs but are horrifying when met in real life.

On a page refresh (the circular arrow in the top right of Mozilla Firefox 3), it hit me.... BAM! CLASH! WSOD!!!! :O

Numerous attempts to retrieve my beautiful admin screen have failed and I am left with no choice but to turn to you, ‘o Magento overlords. Bountiful shall be the fruits of your labour if you only you can find it in your hearts to help this humble xhtmlcsscoderwithnophpexperiencebutwholovesmagentoverymuch.

One final clue has been found in logs of errors:

[15-Dec-2008 11:08:15] PHP Fatal error:  Function __autoload(Mage_Admin_Model_Aclthrew an exception of type 'Exception' in  /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 94

This lone snippet of greek appears many times in error logs

If anyone is out there… pray help this poor soul… lest my client lop my head off!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

marikas

Breaking News! :

The dreaded WSOD has fled in the face of utterly terrifying greek… lots of it too!
Any translators around? Please help.

Warning: include(Mage/Admin/Model/Observer.php[function.include]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 73
Trace
:
#0 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(73): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'include(Mage/Ad...', '/home/*username*/...', 73, Array)
#1 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(73): __autoload()
#2 [internal function]: __autoload('Mage_Admin_Mode...')
#3 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(720): class_exists('Mage_Admin_Mode...')
#4 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/Mage.php(314): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('admin/observer', Array)
#5 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/Mage.php(328): Mage::getModel('admin/observer', Array)
#6 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1140): Mage::getSingleton('admin/observer')
#7 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/Mage.php(298): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
#8 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(391): Mage::dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
#9 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(123): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#10 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
#11 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#12 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home/*username*/public_html/mag/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#15 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

marikas

I managed to translate the first line of greek.

Warning: include(Mage/Admin/Model/Observer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*username*/public_html/mag/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 73

The solution is revealed when you realise that the file Mage/Admin/Model/Observer.php is missing. Re-uploading it along with a few others that were missing as well fixed everything,

The real mystery now is how the hell they got deleted in the first place.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community