Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Single Product Multiple Configuration

adamjones

Total Posts:  2

I have a product that needs to have multiple configuations with out the price changing.  As an example I have about 20 choices of christmas ornaments that I sell in 4, 6, 9, 12 and 24 packs.  How can I allow a customer to buy a 4 pack box for $9 but have them choose 4 of my 20 choices?  Obviously the same is true for the other boxes 6, 9, 12 and 24.  I want my customer to be able to create a box with any combination of my available choices and have the price of that box not change.  So a 4 pack box is $9 and 6 pack box is $13 and 9 pack box is $19, etc, etc

Is this possible with magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adamjones

Total Posts:  2

So I figured it out.  I made a simple product with custom options for “flavors” I made 4 custom options for the 4 pack, 9 for the 9 pack, etc…
This makes the options mandatory so it meets my needs.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community