Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Performace

arbie

Total Posts:  20

Hosting is cheap.

So - how can I have multiple installs of the same magento store (db and files) located on distributed servers to improve the performance of the site?

Anyone know - or have ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

You can put the db on one server and the apache on another quite easily.

Have you followed the standard stuff, i.e. an opcode cache, lots of RAM to cache the files in and such like?

RAM is 1000 times quicker than disk, so if you can have the entire MySQL bit in RAM with no CPU wait on disk things improve, massively.

Your products are single SKU. When you have configurable products with 100’s of SKU’s in them things get slooow. Your site is fast.

One modification to make your site slower (!) would be to have price per kilo as a ‘filter with results’ attribute. The price can then be taken off the filtered navigation. If you had type of meat and price per kilo in the filtered navigation then it would be ‘of utility’ to those browsing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

arbie

Total Posts:  20

I followed the Wiki to make sure that I had most of that done - it just occurred to me whilst I was doing that, that there may be another way…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community