Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image Flip for More Sales

AnneLise

Total Posts:  154
Bergen, Norway

According to this blog: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/895-Web-Design-Tips-Add-An-Image-Flip-for-More-Sales
adding an image flip will increase sales as customers will judge your website mainly by the size, quality, and interactivity of the images you use.

The URL above includes codes, scripts and even a video-tutorial.
Is anyone up for the challange to make this an extension?

//Lise

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I thought it flipped images already?

Magento Community
Magento Community

corradomatt

Total Posts:  161
San Diego, CA

ShopGuy - 13 December 2008 11:14 AM

I thought it flipped images already?

Kinda....but not the way that Iaqua is talking about. It would probably have to be coded into the template instead of as an extension.

Personally I llike the way that this website does images....http://www.compactappliance.com/Edgestar-12000-BTU-Portable-Air-Conditioner-Heater/AP420HS,default,pd.html

I like the javascript popup with the rollover thumbnail images. This is similar to what I plan on implementing on my website. I just don’t know where to begin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Bergen, Norway

Not the way it’s done in the attached video.  Looks really cool.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Bergen, Norway

haha you were a coulpe of seconds faster than me there, Matt smile
I like the way it works on compactappliance.com as well, makes it easier for the customers.  I belive that for every click they have to do, the chance of buying something is decreased…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

Oh, that change would be really easy to implement. Probably take 30 minutes max to do if you wanted to hire a programmer

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community