Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple stores with multiple domains, sharing single SSL certificate? 

lbrean

Total Posts:  31

Basically, I’m looking to make multiple versions of my US store, identical, execept for the currency they’re denominated in. I’d prefer to have separate stores so users won’t have to select their currencies and I have a hypothesis that if I geolocate my PPC traffic and show the corresponding country’s version of the .com domain, I’ll experience higher click-throughs and ultimately higher conversions.

Thus, for example

store.com (dollars)

store.com.uk (pound sterling)
store.com.au (austrailian dollars)

My concern is having to buy multiple SSL certificates, one for each domain, if I have to have a separate checkout for each store.

Is it possible for traffic going to store.com.uk to checkout on https://store.com and still have their purchase denominated in pounds sterling when they arrive on that checkout page?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lbrean

Total Posts:  31

Because I’m planning on purchasing an extended validation certificate (the green bar thing). They’re $500.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePsycho
Mentor

Total Posts:  1702

BUMP!!
I am also looking for the same issue.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

xmivite
Guru

Total Posts:  355

ineed to do this too, i am under the assumption that is shouldnt be any kind of issue.  i really dont understand why you cant just funnel everthing through specific domain for https - i just never thought this wasnt straight forward , need this solution in the next 48 hours.. will be working on it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community