Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

AJAX product view

frontier

Total Posts:  41

I would just like to get the ‘view product’ page’s contents through AJAX. ie. without the full theme.

I am trying to put the ‘view product’ in a lightbox. I have the lightbox integrated already and just need to pass it a piece of html code to display. This code I envisage to be a small script that uses ajax to call for the view product details and display. I should be able to work out that last part, i just have no idea how to get the stripped product page out of Magento?

So I think what I need is the contents of this file alone.
frontent\default\mytheme\template\catalog\product\view.phtml

I just don’t know (and have no idea where to even start to look) how to initialize the Magento system before calling that phtml file. Or if there is a better way to get at it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

frontier

Total Posts:  41

Anyone? Just need a little hint/push in the right direction..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community