Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Broken JavaScript in Promotions Admin Section? 

deco

Total Posts:  1

Greetings,

I’m attempting to set up some Shopping Cart Price Rules in Magento Admin -> Promotions and seem to have encountered a JavaScript bug.

User Path: Magento Admin -> Promotions -> Shopping Cart Price Rules -> Edit Rule

In my case, I have created a rule for Free Shipping but I want to restrict specific categories of products from qualifying for free shipping.

Once on the Edit Rule screen:
- Navigate to the Actions tab
- Under the “Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions” section, click to create a new condition.
- In the resulting drop down menu, choose the “Category” selection under the “Product Attribute” group.
- Click the “...” to expand the condition where you’ll see 2 new icons to the right of a text box: An index looking icon with the tooltip “Open Chooser” and a circular green check button used to apply the new condition.

To select the category for the condition, click the Open Chooser icon. Unfortunately, nothing happens and the following error is shown in the browser (Firefox) console:

Error: this.updateElement is null
Source File: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/js/index.php?c=auto&f;=,mage/adminhtml/product.js,calendar/calendar.js,calendar/calendar-setup.js,extjs/ext-tree.js,extjs/ext-tree-checkbox.js,mage/adminhtml/rules.js
Line: 3308

Tested on Safari, Firefox, and IE.
Magento version: 1.1.8

Since the chooser doesn’t work, any information on how the category names should be formatted for manual input would be really helpful. Does Magento use the category ID #, the full name of the category, the SEO version used in URLs?

Thanks,
Matt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ufonium

Total Posts:  3
Fresno, CA

I’m having the same problem and haven’t found a solution. Have you made an progress on finding a solution yourself yet? So far, I’m just doing as you mentioned and typing the Category name in, but I don’t know if it should be the Category ID or some other format instead.

Magento Community
Magento Community

imagize

Total Posts:  11

I am having the exact same issue with the promotions, for a post-1.0 release magento sure does have a lot of bugs. I know that this is open source project but magento is fast becoming more trouble then it is worth.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KreKom

Total Posts:  5

I’m having the exact same issue, also on 1.1.8.
Has anyone figured out how to manually write in the right category?

Magento Community
Magento Community

maijar

Total Posts:  49

Same issue also here (1.1.8.). Use category id number.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community