Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Import

dilbert4life

Total Posts:  27

So, I have been importing products over the last several days, and have been having varying success.

When I run the import profile, it always, (and yes, I mean ALWAYS, except if I import EXACTLY what I exported without editing) tells me ) products imported. However, every now and then, even though it tells me that it did not import anything, it actually does. (see attached image.)
What’s even stranger is that it gives me a blank error message, so there is no way to track it, at least on my side, what the error is.

I noticed that it was actually importing products even though it said that it wasn’t when I went from 24 products on my store to having 68 products. I couldn’t figure out what had happened, so I made another xml file, (CSV never works either) with additional products, and wouldn’t you know it, it told me that no products were imported, but in actuality SOME of them were.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? If so, what have you done to fix it?

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Total Posts:  154
Bergen, Norway

I’m using XML and have never had a problem like this.
Can you give us a screenshot of the file you are trying to import?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dilbert4life

Sure, Here is a screenshot of part of the file that I upload.

Here is another variable that I have that might be causing some problems, but I don’t know, and that is that I use a Mac with Microsoft Office 2008 instead of a PC.

What do you think?

Image Attachments
Picture 2.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

dilbert4life

Well, some progress being made, but not really. I now have created a different XML file, and from there only mapped specific values to the column headers, instead of using the magento defaults. Now I get errors when importing, but they are a little more informative than the last time. (see attached)

What are the bare minimums that I have to have mapped, and how do I do that correctly?

Edit: Ok, this is really not making any sense. I created a new export profile that would export that original magento attributes into an XML file. I also created a new import profile that would import that XML file. If I use the export profile, and then take the XML that results from that and use that to import, without making any changes, I STILL get an error, just like the one in my first post on this thread.

SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!

Image Attachments
Picture 3.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieshma

Total Posts:  1

I have had similar errors once before. The causes for those errors were empty fields without double quotes and/or the qty was greater than or equal to one million.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community