Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where to start? 

cest_la_vie

Total Posts:  37

Ok i’ve just discovered Magento...seems real promising, now heres my dilemna…

I’ve got a web store in development (about 70% done), but my web dev company were dumb A$$’s, and have left me with a rubbish custom CMS. Now i’m in the mind of starting again (use the curent layout though) and using something like Magento..so here’s my q’s

1) does Paypal Payments Pro UK work with Magento?
2) When roughly will the production release be released?
3) And are there ppl in the UK who are up to speed on migrating sites across?

Thanks for your help on this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

cest_la_vie - 15 January 2008 06:53 AM

1) does Paypal Payments Pro UK work with Magento?
2) When roughly will the production release be released?
3) And are there ppl in the UK who are up to speed on migrating sites across?

1. While I haven’t tested PayPay Pro (UK), I believe that the Magento team are committed to supporting it, so if there are any issues with it now they should be fixed with the production release.

2. The production release will be before the end of March 2008 (my guess is the 31st!)

3. There are a few UK based web developers and agencies (myself included) that intend to work with and support Magento.  It takes a while to get up-to-speed and develop expertise with a new system - so we are busy doing our homework in preparation for the production release.

Cheers,
Ross.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community