Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Implement SSL after installation of Magento

Jake99

Total Posts:  32

Hello,

Is it possible to implement SSL after Magento 1.1.8 is installed? I remember there being a check box about SSL during the installation process which we left unchecked because we didn’t have the cert yet. We have it now so if anyone could provide suggestions on how to implement I would appreciate it.

Jake

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

helpinghandhost

Total Posts:  171

Hi,

Sure it’s quite straighforward.

Install your SSL certificate(hopefully your SSL runs off your /public_html files instead of a separate /private_html folder in which case you’d have to upload all files there too) and then under magento admin >> system >> configuration >> web >> ssl >> enter the https path. And that should be it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

esjabe

Total Posts:  3

Also, Jake99… Don’t forget to choose YES in the box to labled: Use Secure URLs in Frontend

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jake99

Total Posts:  32

Sounds great. One more question about the cert can it be a wild cart cert i.e. *.domain.com or must it be specific like cart.domain.com?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community