Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Multi-Store Demo in “http://www.magento-mall.com/”

glaDiator

Total Posts:  65

I have wasted several hours by trying to find out how to setup a Multi-Store like the one shown in the Demo ( Magentocommerce Multi-Store Demo) downer  ... but unable to figure out the correct way.

Can anybody tell me how set up a Multi-Store like this or point me out to another thread which has a solution for this?

I was also looking for the theme used in the Multi-store Demo. Is this theme publicly available for download through Magento Connect ?
If not ... then can anyone tell me how to add the store switcher tab menu shown in the top-left of the demo?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

glaDiator

Total Posts:  65

Is there anyone who can answer my questions.......... question

Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Total Posts:  190

Where is the download link for the multi-store theme shown here: http://www.magento-mall.com/ ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

oginome

Total Posts:  39

glaDiator - 11 December 2008 01:32 PM

I have wasted several hours by trying to find out how to setup a Multi-Store like the one shown in the Demo ( Magentocommerce Multi-Store Demo) downer  ... but unable to figure out the correct way.

Can anybody tell me how set up a Multi-Store like this or point me out to another thread which has a solution for this?

I was also looking for the theme used in the Multi-store Demo. Is this theme publicly available for download through Magento Connect ?
If not ... then can anyone tell me how to add the store switcher tab menu shown in the top-left of the demo?

Sorry but did u get the answer?
I’ve the same question as yours.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Total Posts:  336

Here is a great tutorial about this topic http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/how-to-setup-multiple-magento-stores/

Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Total Posts:  190

Where can we download the multi-store theme that is shown in the demo?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Total Posts:  336

@pezomatic: the themes used on http://www.magento-mall.com/ are the default (mall) and modern (Apparel, Furniture, Electronics) with minor CMS changes, nothing else. 
You can find the modern theme here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stavros

Total Posts:  11
Paleokastro, Makedonia, Greece

Tomas G. - 29 December 2008 11:24 AM

@pezomatic: the themes used on http://www.magento-mall.com/ are the default (mall) and modern (Apparel, Furniture, Electronics) with minor CMS changes, nothing else. 
You can find the modern theme here.

Hi Tomas,

Is it possible to give the community the changed files of this mall theme? I am trying 2 days now to get this done with no success.
Please consider this for the novices in magento and I am sure it will pay itself back.

Thanks,
Stavros

Magento Community
Magento Community

stavros

Total Posts:  11
Paleokastro, Makedonia, Greece

@SisterTwister

The default template does not have any tabs on the top for navigating through the shops.
In order to get this right some files need to be altered.
I mean the files “stores.phtml” and “boxes.css”
I managed to alter the css but my problem is how to convert the select list (from the default templates) into the tabs in the mall demo.

I appreciate your opinion.

Stavros

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

We want to have the tabs at the top as shown in the demo store....can this be explained??

Magento Community
Magento Community

mike305

Total Posts:  83

Just a guess here… but i believe that will show up once you create a new (store name/website name/store view name).. the template should recognize it. Just like it recognizes when you put a new category..... - If you build it ... it will come kinda thing! ..

:^P
Let me know if it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Ok, so is it the “modern theme” that was used? Then I add an additional store and it will show up?… I am going to try it so fingers crossed, but in the standard demo theme (that comes with magento) an additional store simply adds a drop down box at the bottom.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

As I expected no it does not work. Looking at the demo multi store site the theme on the front page is in fact the demo store theme you get with the package. The other pages are then modern theme. The tabs at the top of the page to switch between multi stores is not included anywhere and looks like custom coding… can anyone shed any light on it??

Magento Community
Magento Community

MarcelP102

Total Posts:  55

ukdazza - 12 March 2009 09:58 AM

As I expected no it does not work. Looking at the demo multi store site the theme on the front page is in fact the demo store theme you get with the package. The other pages are then modern theme. The tabs at the top of the page to switch between multi stores is not included anywhere and looks like custom coding… can anyone shed any light on it??

Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gui
Guru

Total Posts:  588

Yes it is custom coding. If you digg into the CSS and Html (with Firebug) you will have a better understanding how they did it.

Also this blogpost could be a good starting point:
http://www.damianculotta.com.ar/2009/03/18/personalizando-el-store-group-switcher-en-magento/
Use googles translate tool if you can’t speak Spanish.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Yeh I had a look with firebug and might be able to figure it out but I am not a coder at all and at the moment I don’t have time...I will look into it tho. HOWEVER if someone else wants to look into it and report back to the rest of us that would be pretty cool!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2