Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I these two Customizations? 

infernalshade

Total Posts:  37

Hello!

I have 2 Questions:

1. How can i get this Layout: http://demo.magentocommerce.com/electronics/computers ??? I mean the “Shop by” Shopping Options, where can i enable it?

2. How can i edit the left and the right Bar? I would like to do following things:
- Deleting the Dog on the left bar and replace it with an Image of our Company
- Move the Newsletter-Box from the left to the right Bar
- Delete the “Back to School” Box on the right side and add my own Boxes with Articles of our Company

Uhm...and sry for my bad English, i’m German :D

greetz,
infernalshade

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

The filtered navigation depends on attributes, when you have an attribute set with sufficient attributes in it, these automatically show up as ‘shop by’.

The ‘callouts’ are not so obvious at first. They are controlled in the layout xml files and there is no easy way to change them from admin.

There are a series of screen casts regarding these setup issues, I recommend that you watch them all, then try to understand the design guide, then dive in and try moving things around in the template and layout files so that you can work towards getting the look you want.

Magento Community
Magento Community

infernalshade

hm i see...so there is no way to change the “callouts” from the backend… :( what a shame! :D

so i need to learn how skinning works in magento...nice :D

thx alot!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Unfortunately there is a bit of a learning curve. Also helpful, if you turn on template path hints in ‘developer’ in admin->config you can see what template files are used where.

Magento Community
Magento Community

infernalshade

cool, this is a helpful option!!!

do you know how i can move the newsletterbox to the right box??? i’ve found out how i can handle these callouts, but i couldnt find the option to decide where the box is shown!

thx!

EDIT: Ah i found the Option, thx anyway! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

gerhardphn

Total Posts:  1

I can not find template path hints in ‘Developer’ submenu. Why it is happened ? For info, I’m using version 1.1.6

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community