Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A Happy Story for once :) [having problems? read what I did!]

subsist

Total Posts:  3

I was searching the net after a good cms system when I stumbled across Magento. Even though it is in the start phase only, I wanted to try it out. And boy did I get trouble! I got all the problems you could imagine.

BUT!
After uninstalling and installing Magento several times, I updated my WAMP server! Finally, this should do the trick.. but no. I scanned the forums some more. Did all the tricks but then had some problems with my MySql database. Tried once more and success!

My tip to my follow n00bs;
Read the forums. Search the forums. Read the forums. Search the forums. Upgrade your wamp or xampp. Be sure to enable mod_rewrite. Download the pdo_mysql that is linked in the forums. Still not working? Read the forums smile

If you get an error, there is probably already a post on the subject. Faster to search the forum than wait for a reply smile

Hope you all will succeed with installing this and try it out. Seems promising smile

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

roskolnikov

Total Posts:  31
Caribbean

Which version of the software did you install? Do your products show up in the sample store?

Magento Community
Magento Community

subsist

Total Posts:  3

I installed the newest version possible. The one sample product that was in it doesn’s how up on your homepage since I dont have designed the frontpage yet. But it shows up if you use the search option.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coeus

Total Posts:  39

Hmm, this didn’t really help. It’s common sense (although I know it isn’t for some). I have the latest version of WAMP, I’ve replaced the pdo_mysql with the one on the forums. I’ve added the BUFFER *hack*. mod_rewrite is enabled. I’ve increased memory_limits, etc. No luck here and I’d say I’ve tried to install / reinstall the script about 20 times.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community