Magento Forum

Plan B instead of re-occurring payments

linksys7

Total Posts:  4

I know Ive seen several post in here about having re-occurring payments and most have a legit claim. But my request would be centered not around re-occurring payments but options for customers to pay several times under the one payment option for One item.

To better explain:
Your selling a Product for $30.00 and your customer wants to make payments on it like layaway,( 3x$10.00 ), before actually shipping the product to them all payments need to be processed and validated, and each payment has a time value so if a minimum payment wasnt processed within that time frame the Shop owner could cancel the layaway and a check be sent to the customer for a full refund.
Now in the Customers dashboard would have a payment history for when they last made a payment and when the next one is due, if a payment is due then an automatic email will be sent to notify them that a payment is due within a certain date.

Am I to far out there?Or does anyone understand what Im getting at?
This way you could stay within the PCI compliency under the one payment method and not store CC info.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Weezers Gifts

Total Posts:  71
PA

GoldDigger - 10 December 2008 10:13 AM

No idea what it would take to integrate but this might be an option....

http://www.elayaway.com/

I spoke with one of their reps just a bit ago.

Per the quotes below as far as integration:

Robert [2:05:26 PM]: We are not currently integrated in that platform but we are always willing to speak directly to the eCommerce company

Robert [2:07:25 PM]: We have been able to work with ecommerce solutions in the past on an individual merchant basis.

Robert [2:10:48 PM]: I understand, we are willing to work directly with any ecommerce platform its more so getting their developers to work directly with us.
[2:11:34 PM]: We have a new integration center coming out in a few weeks that should allow more ecommerce solutions to work with us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jpt

Total Posts:  2

I just wanted to let everyone know that I recently posted an extension to Magento for the eLayaway payment processor in the Magento Connect Community Area.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2944

Magento Community
Magento Community

illphever

Total Posts:  1

jpt - 22 February 2010 01:23 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I recently posted an extension to Magento for the eLayaway payment processor in the Magento Connect Community Area.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2944

Does this extension work or does anyone have it working on a version of Magento newer than 1.3?

Thanks for any feedback

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Hello,

Did the free extension work? are you still looking for this extension. Does it have to be integrated with a specific payment gateway?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iandean

Total Posts:  8

Hey there, I don’t know if it will fulfill all your requirements or not but I have been using one Magento module in my traveling store that allows me to collect down payment for a tour and then collection of the remaining amount in multiple steps at regular intervals. You can contact the store owners for more information but this might be your solution for a start at least. Here’s the link for it: http://www.indieswebs.com/magento-deposit-payment.html

Hope it helps you. Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

See if the option of Magento Partial Payments work for you. This is possible with Magento Layaway Payements. A module recently developed by FME Extensions.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community