Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

ie6 png fix already in magento ? 

pinoguin

Total Posts:  68
Philippines

I just applied the template I coded but I see ie6’s png’s seems to have disappeared.. at least all with transparency. Why is that? does magento have any javascripts that does something to png’s? How do I fix this?

I want to add my own png fix http://www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/ but It doesn’t work, I figure something is messing it up somehow..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

There are a few ie6 specific things in the css, not in the template files if you are using the ‘blank’ theme.

Both the template files and the css are different depending on what theme you are using.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pinoguin

Philippines

hmm… yes I do use the blank theme and formed it to what we need. Which line exactly may affect the transparent png’s ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

pinoguin

Philippines

It’s still 20% unfortunately :( but at least it’s decreasing http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Magento Community
Magento Community

pinoguin

Philippines

Anyone? :(

I just disabled javascript for ie6 and now every png appears as it should, well except for the transparency but at least now I know it’s a JS problem.

It seems I have a similar problem with http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8202/ , links are unclickable as well. Which javascript is causing this? and if I remove it how will it affect the site?
- I can’t use the options from that post because even the body tag has it’s own background png and the .page as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

In the ‘js/lib/ds-sleight.js’ is thefile control png. I just got it working nicely, doesn’t even requires me to do anything special.

Do you have this in the ‘header.phtml’ file?

<script type="text/javascript\">
var BLANK_URL = ‘<?php echo $this->helper('core/js')->getJsUrl('blank.html') ?>’;
var BLANK_IMG = ‘<?php echo $this->helper('core/js')->getJsUrl('spacer.gif') ?>’;
</script>

Magento Community
Magento Community

pinoguin

Philippines

chinesedream - 12 December 2008 05:35 AM

In the ‘js/lib/ds-sleight.js’ is thefile control png. I just got it working nicely, doesn’t even requires me to do anything special.

Will magento still work if I remove it? I see it’s working for some png’s, but the body bg and page bg doesn’t work with it.

Do you have this in the ‘header.phtml’ file?

<script type="text/javascript\">
var BLANK_URL = ‘<?php echo $this->helper('core/js')->getJsUrl('blank.html') ?>’;
var BLANK_IMG = ‘<?php echo $this->helper('core/js')->getJsUrl('spacer.gif') ?>’;
</script>

Yes I have those lines:

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[

var BLANK_URL 'http://domain.com/magento/js/blank.html';
    var 
BLANK_IMG 'http://domain.com/magento/js/spacer.gif';
//]]>
</script>

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Did you use background repeat? If yes, that is the reason. I have not found a pngfix script that can do background repeat, some can’t do background position too, but “ds-sleight” seems able to do background position.

The one you posted states that “v2.0 Alpha 3: Alternatively, download the latest development code (updated 26 August 2008) at the Test Area, this includes support for background position and repeat.. Interesting! I might play with it a bit.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pinoguin

Philippines

chinesedream - 12 December 2008 06:18 AM

Did you use background repeat? If yes, that is the reason. I have not found a pngfix script that can do background repeat, some can’t do background position too, but “ds-sleight” seems able to do background position.

Yes, many times in my site.

The one you posted states that “v2.0 Alpha 3: Alternatively, download the latest development code (updated 26 August 2008) at the Test Area, this includes support for background position and repeat.. Interesting! I might play with it a bit.

I disabled the current pngfix and have tried twinhelix which worked for me many times in past projects, this time it has served me well again smile IE6 png problem solved! (background-repeat works too, probably because in the css I limited it to only work on img & div’s ) Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

pinoguin

Philippines

The Tankgirl - 22 April 2009 05:32 AM

Exactly how did you use the twinhelix script? I’ve tried to add the files inside several directories, and added the script inside the stylesheet file, but it doesn’t work :-(

Please help me!

Hi,

The iepngfix should be inside the css directory (at least that’s my way of doing it ), then you edit the css file to include the htc file, then you edit the htc file. Also make sure the paths are correct for the blank img. There are also instructions in the twinhelix zip.

Elijah

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rob Brough

Total Posts:  1

I had the same problem with the native png fix for magento… my .pngs in the page backgrounds weren’t working…

I fixed it by making sure the background’s container had a width and a height value - then it came right - because that’s what the javascript is basing it’s replacement size on

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community