Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I disable cache

Sinotex

Total Posts:  23

When I go to admin > Cache Management
then select “disable cache” from the drop down and click “save cache settings” nothing changes and the drop down reverts to the default “No Change”
I’ve tried all options, with & without selecting the tick boxes for configuration , layout etc., but nothing seems to happen.
It’s almost as though some permissions need changing to allow the changes to be written.
Any suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

If tickmarks are showing, cache is on, if there are no tickmarks, cache is off. When you select “disable” in the dropdown and save, all checkboxes should be unchecked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

@Sinotex

Wich O.S: are you using?.

I saw that behaivor on Windows development enviroments.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevenbhn

Total Posts:  29

I have also just come upon this problem today and desperately need it fixed.

Can anyone help me sort out why i cannot disable the cache so i am able to develop my personal theme. I have set developer template paths hints but i cant see the, because every time i try to disable cache the admin page refreshes to default settings. ‘No Changes’.

Windows XP local Sever Xampp 1.7.2

http://127.0.0.1

Please help me.

Thanks
Steven

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community