Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mass Delete always times out after about 20 products. 

benfrain.com

Total Posts:  142

I submitted a bug ticket here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=3968

However, the Magento team said they were unable to replicate the problem so I am wondering what I can change to solve this problem?

I am currently running .1.1.7 and running a store on a shared server.

Do I need to change the .htaccess file or something? What would cause the constant timeout?

Thanks for any pointers on this…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

glanum

Total Posts:  18
Avignon, France

I get an error 500, and impossible to get more than one or two products deleted at once… And if only there was a way to figure out why!

We used to get error 500 for 777 chmod files (which is forbidden on our shared server) but i could not find any file or folder chmoded 777… so i’m left without a clue. Deleting products, whatever way, is a real burden on Magento.

David.
- www.tzav.fr - multimedia advertising agency

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Try our Mass Product Actions extension to be able to delete products really fast.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community