Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error Message came from no where. 

woody24

Total Posts:  19

I’m new to Magento, and have trying to figure out how to customize it. So far I’ve been doing a good job. But now I’ve run into something thats been driving me nuts. Last I left my progress, everything was looking the way I wanted it to. But now after I’ve come back to it, I get an error message, and the order of my layers is flip-flopped.

I assume this is an error message. I guess the best way is to show.

http://www.pagestock.com/testing-page

As you can see at the top in the header, it shows: “frontend/default/default/template/catalog/navigation/top.phtml” in a red box. And the logo should obviously be on top. Like I said, I last I left it, it looked fine. I don’t remember doing anything that wold have changed this since then.

But the message shows “frontend/default/default/template”. That isn’t the location of my template file. I’ve created a whole new one, and applied it to this testing page. So why would it be pointing to that?

Any help would be great. And any pages of code I should post to show? I’m not a coder, I’m a tinkerer.

Here’s the target look page to compare.
http://www.pagestock.com/skeleton.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

woody24

Total Posts:  19

Interesting. It must have been a local problem. I tested it in Firefox, and IE, and it had this problem. I’ve since done nothing except restart my computer, and it looks fine now.

Maybe the server was wacky for a bit, and it was just a coincidence that it worked after a restart? I had even commented out sections of code to see where exactly the prolem was coming from, and was able to narrow it down. But I’ve reverted back to how it was when it was bringing up the error message.

So, it seems its fixed...for now.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community