Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal Standard - Transaction Type: Individual Items

timpea

Total Posts:  68

Hi,

I am unable to take payments with PayPal if I set the transaction type to Individual Items.  It successfully takes you to the PayPal website and correctly shows the order, but once a user signs in, paypal gives a very generic error message.

“Sorry and error occurred after you clicked the last link”

I have tried this in SandBox mode and still the same, but with the extended error of:

“We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005”

If I change the Transaction Type to be Aggregate Order it goes through fine.  Anyone any idea what this could be?

Thanks
Tim Pearson

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

timpea

Total Posts:  68

I have just got an email from paypal regarding this problem.  It is a problem that is known by Paypal and it only occurs if in the Paypal accounts -> Business Account you use your merchant id instead of the registered email address.  If you use your email address it works correctly.

Hope that helps anyone that is having this same problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community