Magento Forum

Multiple prices by user group, and tiered pricing based on multiples

redletter

Total Posts:  24
Alberta, Canada

Greetings everyone,

I have an interesting store situation, and I was wondering if someone could offer some advice. I am creating a store for a wholesaler and each product must have 6 prices that display based on the users level.

THE PRICES
MSRP
Manufacture Suggested Retail Price - Displays all the time, can easily be done with an attribute as the value is display only.

MAP
Minimum Advertised Price - Displays when any user is logged in, can easily be done with an the value is display only.

Non-Contract Price
Displays as a functional price when a non-contract user is logged in, and a display only price when a contract user is loged in.

Non-Contract Case Price
Displays as a functional price when a non-contract user is logged in, and a display only price when a contract user is loged in.

Contract Price
Displays as a functional price only when a contract user is logged in.

Contract Case Price
Displays as a functional price only when a contract user is logged in.

A NOTE ON CASE PRICES
The easy conclusion is to used tiered pricing to solve this problem but, case pricing is not based on x+ items, but on multiples of said item. A configurable product sounds like a good way to solve this problem as well, but items are charged on an individual basis.

If you added 3 cases of item X, and items X’s case quantity is 5 your cart would show as 15 of item X at the special case price. Say you added 13 if item X, your cart would show 10 if item X at the special case price, and 3 of item X at the regular item price.

CONCLUSION
This is an interesting situation that is a challenge to complete, while still making it easy for the client to manage. Can I have the shopping cart recognize an attribute as a price? I am not looking for free code, but as I am quite new to Magento need some guidance on how to best go about this. I would love to turn my final work into a community modual when I am finished.

Thanks in advance ;~)>
-Edward

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community