Magento Forum

Importing products (I need to update)

shesek

Total Posts:  2

Hey, I’m getting daily updates of products that needs to be inserted to my system.
So far I’ve transformed the CSV I’m getting to a format that Magento can handle and imported that using the CSV imported (I created a profile)

My problem is that sometimes the product already exists in the system (I can identify that by one of the columns), and in that case I only want to update the current product with the quantity and price of the new product.

How should I do that?

and another thing - I need that to run in the background, from a cronjob. so far I hacked a solution by sending HTTP requests to invoke the profile, is there a better way of doing that?

Thanks,
Nadav

P.S. Magento is really great, I really enjoy working with it :)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shesek

Total Posts:  2

Anyone? its kinda urgent smile thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

NE Computer

Total Posts:  6

I am looking to do the same as well. If anyone can help I think we would both greatly appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NE Computer

Total Posts:  6

Alright I think I am starting to figure things out. I think I have an answer for you Nadav. You will want to make another profile where you just import the prduct “sku” which is the unique identifier and then also import you “price” and “quantity” fields. So like I said first create a new profile possiblly called importing pricing/quantity and then map the appropriate fields. As long as the sku’s match up from the file to the database everything else will update.

Hope That Helps,
Pat

P.S. I agree Magento is a wonderful ecommerce solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community