Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Web Service and Custom Options - or extending the service? 

BizSync

Total Posts:  19
Boston, MA.

Is there a way (and I can’t find this), to add “custom options” to a product through the Web Service?

I want to add custom options on each product as I create them through the Web service.
For example, “Size 1, 2, 3, etc.” so they show up in a dropdown on the product.  I don’t need anything as
complicated as the attributes, so I want to use custom options…

If this can’t be done currently in 1.1.6 web service, is there a “best practice” to extend the Web service,
and if so, can someone post a quick example as to how or point me in the right direction to be able ot extend
the existing service instead of adding my own module?

I’d simply like to add, “product.custom_option”, create, list, remove etc.

Freeportway

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BizSync

Total Posts:  19
Boston, MA.

freeportway - 09 December 2008 08:08 AM

Is there a way (and I can’t find this), to add “custom options” to a product through the Web Service?

I want to add custom options on each product as I create them through the Web service.
For example, “Size 1, 2, 3, etc.” so they show up in a dropdown on the product.  I don’t need anything as
complicated as the attributes, so I want to use custom options…

If this can’t be done currently in 1.1.6 web service, is there a “best practice” to extend the Web service,
and if so, can someone post a quick example as to how or point me in the right direction to be able ot extend
the existing service instead of adding my own module?

I’d simply like to add, “product.custom_option”, create, list, remove etc.

Freeportway

Anyone?

All I’m looking for is to be pointed to the place where the web services code is, so I can extend it…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community