Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Server setup to make this upgrade work? 

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Hi - I now am clear that I cannot get my site upgraded on my hosting environment so I have turned to my development box on Rackspace.  So I am now trying to upgrade using the manual upgrade method here

wiki - manual_upgrade_using_fresh install and original database

or here

Forum thread : How to upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0

I have tried this upgrade now many times and each time I get a failure that one of the tables / indexes cannot be copied usually with the error

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of <snip> /sales_flat_order_item\’

This failure means that there is either a bug with the upgrade script that the team at Magento are working on right now or my server has not got enough resources available to it.

So to progress my question is what do I need resources wise to make this upgrade happen?  I am using the great service at RackSpace and so can change anything in my environment.  I currently have the following settings in my php.ini

php_value memory_limit 256M
php_value max_execution_time 36000

Also set in my .htaccess and as default in my CLI and Web ini s

Just to be clear here I can do this upgrade with a clean install of 1.4.2 -> 1.6.0.0.  The issue is when I put data in the tables. So what else do I need to do here?  Is this a database timeout issue?  For those that have managed to do this on a site with data what was your setup and was there anything you have had to do to make this upgrade work?

Thanks for your time
John

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Try to upgrade your store using SSH.

Here is instruction on how to upgrade your Magento:
http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-upgrade-from-1-4-version-to-magento-1-5-magento-1-6/

Magento Community
Magento Community

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Hi - Doing that - the only reason I am able to “upgrade” so many times is using bash script to manage the imports, extracts and upgrades.

I have also tried to do the upgrade through connect as well.

Regards
John

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community