Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Community extension - how to get sql install script to run

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

I’ve disccovered a problem with my extension in that the sql install script doesnt run when it is installed.  Can anyone provide me with some assistance to get this going? 

I’ve got the following defined in config.xml under the app\community\Auctionmaid\Matrixrate\etc dir:

<Matrixrate_setup>
        <
setup>
          <
module>Auctionmaid_Matrixrate</module>
        </
setup>
        <
connection>
          <use>
core_setup</use>
        </
connection>
            <
matrixrate_write>
                <
connection>
                    <use>
core_write</use>
                </
connection>
            </
matrixrate_write>
            <
matrixrate_read>
                <
connection>
                    <use>
core_read</use>
                </
connection>
            </
matrixrate_read>
      </
Matrixrate_setup>

I’ve then got a sql install file present in app\community\Auctionmaid\Matrixrate\sql\matrixrate_setup

Also, how do I test changes to the install part without having to upload a new package to magento connect?  I don’t want to keep having to change the version to try out different possibilities.

If anyone can provide specific help would be much appreciated - PM me and I can send you the details of magento connect install location.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Yarhajile

Total Posts:  90
Spokane, WA

Change <Matrixrate_setup> and the closing </Matrixrate_setup> to <matrixrate_setup> and </matrixrate_setup> and you should be golden.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community