Magento Forum

weird bug in templates

Claudio Vargas

Total Posts:  22

both the modern theme and the blank theme have weird behaviour in safari and firefox.

please do the following

open

modern theme
modern theme login

look how the entire body (or wrapper) moves a few pixels to the right. i have been trying to find what’s causing this but i haven’t been able to, although it looks like it may be something related to the cms pages.

if you go to other magento sites, such as scrubline or to finegiftsoaps, they present the same behaviour (click on login and look at the logo, it will shift to the right by about 3 pixels)

anybody else experiencing this and any ideas on how to fix it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

I too was spending countless hours figuring out this problem but later found out that it was the actual browser that shifted everything, not the site. When your at the login page, the right scroll bar belonging to the browser is not activated but when you click on the homepage, the page gets longer so the scroll bar appears, hence shifting the page to the right a little.

Try it yourself, open the the login page and make the page small enough to where the right scroll bar appears, and when you click to the homepage it doesn’t shift. Now go back to the login page and make the page long enough to where the scroll bar disappears, click on the homepage and Whala! everything shifts.

You could be seeing something different, but this is what I found is happening to me, just trying to save you the headache smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

npham

Total Posts:  5
Bay Area, CA

I’m having the same issue as well. On my primary page, there’s no issue of shifting, but if I go to another “store” in my website, everything is shifted over.

Themeio, I tried what you said, but that didn’t work for me. I used IE, Firefox, Safari and all have the same issue.

When I switch back to the Default theme, everything seemed to be fine. I can’t find anything in the code that would cause it to shift.

Were you able to find a solution for this? Or any other suggestions I could try?

Magento Community
Magento Community

wiljum

Total Posts:  12

Having the same problem. Happy to having located the problem, but have not found a solution yet…

Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community