Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

MYSQL Error after leaving Magneto Untouched for 2 days

fupper

Total Posts:  33

This is really weird.
I’ve solved most of my problems and took a 2 days break and was ready to start on the site today when,
ALAS!
i went to my site and all it was there, is a weird MYSQL error.

pdo_mysql extension is not installed
Trace:
#0 ~lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(390): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#1 ~/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’, Array)
#2 ~/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(230): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’, Array)
#3 ~/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Type/Db/Pdo/Mysql.php(45): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’SET NAMES utf8’)
#4 ~app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(83): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Type_Db_Pdo_Mysql->getConnection(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#5 ~/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(62): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection(’core_setup’)
#6 /home/globalwh/public_html/fupt/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(119): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->__construct(’core_setup’)
#7 ~/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#8 ~/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(243): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#9 ~/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#10 ~/app/Mage.php(443): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#11 ~/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#12 {main}

I LEFT IT UNTOUCHED!
I’ve since reinstalled thrice and manually clearing all the cache and stuffs and mysql database before each installation.
However i still get this error.
I am installing it via SimpleScript, and has done so for the past few installations and reinstallations without this problem. Somehow this problem just appeared out of nowhere.

Anyone has any ideas on this?!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fupper

Total Posts:  33

Hi, i have solved the previous error with my host and now, i have a new ERROR with pdo mysql.

I can enter my admin, but now i cant use the Connect Manager. The error is as follows..

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception’ with message ‘pdo_mysql extension is not installed’ in /~/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php:156 Stack trace: #0 /home/globalwh/public_html/fupt/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(390): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect() #1 /~/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’, Array) #2 /~/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(230): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’, Array) #3 /~/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Type/Db/Pdo/Mysql.php(45): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’SET NAMES utf8’) #4 /~app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(83): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Type_Db_Pdo_Mysql->getConnection(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element)) #5 /~/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Session.php(68): Mage_Core_Model_Resource-> in /~/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php on line 156

Anyone has any idea?!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nofosg8

Total Posts:  93

I am having this same issue on both of my sites - both are hosted through hostmonster.com ........... Would love to be able to fix this. I have tried reinstalling and nothing seems to help.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

It sounds like a server problem.
I actually had the exact same thing, but I did change something...I just didn’t test it after changing it…
I put a php.ini file with only one line in the Magento directory, thinking I would fix a timestamp problem. But apparently it didn’t add on to the default php.ini, it overrode it!
So for me, deleting my php.ini file fixed the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community