Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t create new products. Error in SQL code. 

Izms

Total Posts:  4

Recently upgraded from 1.6 --> 1.8 (used connect manager) Everything was working great for me in 1.6 by the way.

After upgrading straight to 1.8 and trying to create a new product (modifying works fine), I get the following error message:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1

I think it has something to do with using a reserved keyword and the MySQL coding might need to be modified. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Current MySQL version:  5.0.51a

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rraf

Total Posts:  8

Hi,

Do you have extension “Featured Products Slideshow” ?  If so… uninstall it or update the extension… old version was buggy with 1.1.8…

See thread : http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/25336/#t83517

Good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

linksys7

Ditto, I had this extention “featured products slideshow “ and had to remove it to eliminate the sql error, this was on a clean install of the 1.1.8 version. I looked for an updated version and at the time there were none.(about a week and a half ago)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Izms

Yes it turned out it was that buggy module. I uninstalled the module and it screwed up everything. So I re-installed Magento core modules (not a full install just a reinstall through connect manager) and that didn’t work. Then I reinstalled the “featured products slideshow “ module and all works now.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

linksys7

ouch, I followed the uninstall information on the modules download page to remove it and had no problems with magento afterward. Sorry to hear you had to go to such lengths.but glad you got it ironed out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rraf

Total Posts:  8

lzms :

Just for next time (since you already fixed it now) :
To avoid to screw up everything, you should have uninstalled by following the instructions on the overwiew page of the extension.
I followed them, ran the “remove” query on the SQL database mentioned on the uninstall instructions , and faced no problem so far… just like linksys7.

Regarding the fact that after reinstalling the extension, it works now : yes, the last version of this extension (slideshow) has been updated to fix the problem. So you don’t have the sql syntax error anymore if you install new version.

Hope this helps you understand more clearly what happened and why it works now wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community