Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Syntax error or access violation: 1064 while adding simple product

fkim08

Total Posts:  16

Hi, is anyone else having this issue:

I’m using Magento version 1.1.8 - installed all successfully - I can add categories etc but when I try to add a product I am getting:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fkim08

#1217 - Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails

I got the above error also while trying to drop all my tables - possibly this has to do something to do with foreign key… not sure.

I’m going to delete the database and reinstall.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fkim08

After hours of debugging, I narrowed this down to the slideshow extension - check out this thread:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/24950/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Izms

Total Posts:  4

I have the same exact problem. Thanks for narrowing it down.
I uninstalled that extension and that just messed everything up (i.e. everything that this module made modifications to, started throwing missing lines error codes) . So I reinstalled the core modules in hopes that it will repair what’s broken, but that did not any good. So I reinstalled the Featured Products Slideshow module again, and surprisingly adding products now works again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

niknik

Total Posts:  32

Just to tell you guys, I also faced this same problem: worked ok, and then - ot of the blue - started getting this error when creating a new product (as usual, this started happen right when I was demoing the store to a customer!)

Thankfully, it was indeed that dreaded slideshow extension - reinstalling it seems to have fixed it for now - I just hope it doesn’t happen again.
(If someone knows the reason why this happened, please let us know!)

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kwwdtechsupport

Total Posts:  1

I’m having a similar issue. When I save a product I get this error message:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND dca.store_id=0 LEFT JOIN `catalog_category_entity` AS `sca` ON sca.entity_i’ at line 10

I’m wondering how to fix it. Any help is appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community